History

school historyIn September of 1954 Glenwood School opened its doors. The school was built on a parcel at the corner of Shadewood and Sweetser Avenues. Originally, the school accommodated grades kindergarten through 8th grade (K-8). A reorganization of the Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation in 1984 resulted in all K-8 schools being converted to either an elementary (K-5) or a middle (6-8) school. At that point Glenwood became a middle school.

In the fall of 2010 Glenwood Middle School merged with neighboring Culver Elementary School. As a result, Glenwood Leadership Academy was officially opened as a Kindergarten through 8th grade academy. The merger of the two schools paralleled the Evansville Vanderburgh School Corporation’s application to the Indiana Department Of Education for a School Improvement Grant for the new Glenwood Leadership Academy.

Today, the faculty and staff of Glenwood Leadership Academy is dedicated to inspiring and empowering students through innovative instruction and meaningful relationships to REACH their academic potential. The academy's mission is to become the highest growth K-8 school in Indiana through its commitment to learn, serve, and lead.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2021 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.