GLA Nurse

nurseSchool Nurse: Connie Morell

Commonly asked questions:

What if my child takes a medication during the day?

Indiana State law requires that schools observe certain regulations when administering medication to students. The following procedures must be followed:

1. Over-the-counter medication requires written permission from the parent or guardian, stating the name of medication, amount of medication, the hours for administration, and the period of time medication is to be continued. It must be sent in the original container labeled with the student’s name. Permission note must contain parent's/legal guardian's signature.

2. Prescription medications must be in the original container. The label will meet the requirement for physician's written order; however, the parent must either complete and sign the Student Medication Permission Slip or send in a permission note with parent's/legal guardian's signature. Recommend one month’s supply.

3. The parent/guardian shall accept the legal responsibility for the safe arrival of his/her child's medication to and from the child's school.

4. A school corporation may send home medication that is possessed by a school for administration during school hours or at school functions with a student if the student's parent provides written permission for the student to receive the medication.

Does my child need any shots to go to school?

When a student enrolls in a school corporation, for the first time or any subsequent time and at any level, his parents must show either that he has been immunized or that a current religious or medical objection is on file. Parents must provide the School Corporation with complete immunization records prior to the beginning of the school year.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.